How Many Engineering Colleges Accepting JEE Mains in India
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main, earlier known as the All India Engineering Entrance Examination, is a standardized examination conducted as a part of the admission process for architecture, engineering, and technical undergraduate courses. The examination is conducted by the National Testing Agency.
The JEE Mains scores are accepted by universities such as the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), the National Institute of Technology (NIT), and other centrally funded technical institutions for admission into their undergraduate courses.
The following list presents engineering colleges in India accepting JEE Main scores.
- Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIIT)
IIIT accepts students into their course based on the JEE Mains scores and ranking. IIIT has multiple campuses spread across the country and aims to develop professional skills in the field of Information Technology (IT). The list of IIIT campuses that provide engineering courses is as follows.
- IIIT, Allahabad
- IIIT, Sri City
- IIIT, Guwahati
- IIIT, Kota
- IIIT, Vadodara
- IIIT, Tiruchirapalli
- IIIT, Manipur
- IIIT, Dharwad
- IIIT, Kurnool
- IIIT, Kottayam
- IIIT, West Bengal
- IIIT, Sonepat
- IIIT, Himachal Pradesh
- IIIT, Ranchi
- IIIT, Nagpur
- IIIT, Pune
- IIIT, Bhagalpur
- IIIT, Bhopal
- IIIT, Surat
- IIIT, Una
- IIIT, Kalyani
- National Institute of Technology (NIT)
A group of public colleges, NIT offers courses in engineering with several specializations to choose from. The institutes are established across all parts of the country.
The list of campuses is as follows.
- NIT, Trichy
- NIT, Warangal
- NIT, Surathkal
- NIT, Rourkela
- NIT, Kurukshetra
- NIT, Jamshedpur
- NIT, Durgapur
- NIT, Raipur
- NIT, Patna
- NIT, Srinagar
- NIT, Agartala
- NIT, Delhi
- NIT, Goa
- NIT, Calicut
- NIT, Puducherry
- NIT, Manipur
- NIT, Meghalaya
- NIT, Mizoram
- NIT, Nagaland
- NIT, Sikkim
- NIT, Silchar
- NIT, Arunachal Pradesh
- NIT, Uttarakhand
- NIT, Hamirpur
- Sardar Vallabhbha iNIT, Surat
- NIT, Nagpur
- Maulana Azad NIT, Bhopal
- Motilal Nehru NIT, Allahabad
- Malaviya NIT, Jaipur
- NIT, Tadepalligudem, Andhra Pradesh
- B.R Ambedkar NIT, Jalandhar
- Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTI)
These institutions are a group of colleges and universities funded by the central or state governments for higher education. For a candidate to gain admission to these colleges, JEE Main scores are mandatory.
The following list enumerates CFTI colleges and universities.
- Assam University, Silchar
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi
- Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar
- Indian Institute of Carpet Technology, Bhadohi
- Institute of Infrastructure, Technology, Research and Management, Ahmadabad
- Institute of Technology, Guru Ghasidas Vishawavidyalaya, Bilaspur
- K Institute of Applied Physics and Technology, University of Allahabad
- Mizoram University, Aizawl
- National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology, Ranchi
- Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra, Jammu and Kashmir
- Tezpur University, NAPAAM, Tezpur
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology. Shibpur
- Indian Institute of Crop Processing Technology, Thanjavur
- National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology, Aurangabad
- Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Logowal
- Harcourt Butler Technical University, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Handloom Technology, Salem, Tamil Nadu
- Jamia Hamdard University, Delhi
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
Apart from these, some popular private colleges that provide quality education also accept JEE Mains scores as a part of their applications.
Some of them are as follows.
- Institute of Engineering and Technology, Chandigarh
- Vel Tech Multi Tech Dr. Rangarajan Dr. Sakunthala Engineering College, Avadi, Chennai
- Galgotias University
- Punjab Engineering College (PEC), Chandigarh
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Dwarka, Delhi
- Delhi Technological University, Najafgarh, Delhi
- Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar
- Amity School of Engineering and Technology, Noida
These colleges are known for their undergraduate programs in the field of engineering. They provide courses such as Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.), Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech,) and B. Tech Information & Technology (B. Tech IT), to name a few.
The cut-off score per the JEE Main ranking varies from course to course in the previously mentioned colleges, universities, and institutes.